104 High Street
A four-storey building probably constructed in brick but rendered. There is a string course across the frontage at first floor window sill level. There are slightly ornamented columns at either edge of the frontage. The roof is flat and appears to be felted. The shop has a frontage with a single door to the left and a recessed double door in the centre of a wooden case with fascia above.
The first floor has four modern two pane windows with stone or cement pediments above at the front and a single modern window at the rear. The second floor has four modern two pane windows at the front with cement or stone surrounds and a single modern window at the rear. The third floor has four modern two pane windows at the front with cement or stone surrounds and a single modern window at the rear as well as a window between second and third floors.
( 18th century )
|Listed Status||Grade II Listed|
|Historic England Links|
|Within Stockton Town Centre Conservation Area||Yes|
|Original Building Use||
( House? )
|Current Building Use||Shop|
Two buildings combined into one at some time in the past. There is a plaque on the building announcing that it was the birthplace of John Walker (inventor of the friction match) on 29th May 1781
|Date of Survey||Wed, 30 Sep 2009|
|Relationship to Adjoining Buildings||
Attached to 103 and 106 High St
104 - 105 High Street Stockton-on-Tees TS18 1BD